Tuesday 16 July 2013

Assignment #9: Composition - Contrast, Texture, Repetition, Angle of View



This is the shot I chose for Repetition. When I first got to the key I decided I could go back when I leave and photograph this because I really liked the blue arch ways and how they were lined up. Though this is not contrast.. I liked how the blue contrasted with the yellow.


This is my photograph for contrast, I chose this because I like how the dark shade covers the dark green of the flower stem then the flower itself hits the bit of light shining in that spot. I think it was also cool how the shad outlines the flower as a whole.

                                                                                          
                                                     
                                                  
This is my Angle of View shot that I particularly like because of the light of the railing that leads to the end of the photo to the end of the boardwalk then the other side being dark, also leading to the end of the boardwalk. Kind of reminds me of a train station and the tunnel vision

And at last, my favorite photo out of this whole set, TEXTURE! This one I knew I wanted right off the bat because the bark on the tree was rough, dark, old, bland and obviously the rose was smooth, vibrant, new and red. I thought these two components also contrast well.

3 comments:

  1. A fan of your texture photo. There is a strong contrast between the roughness of the bark and the smoothness of the pedals. Maybe by placing the flower up higher in the photo it would have a stronger composition. It reminds me of an attempt at Ansel Adams with the photo being a in colour instead of B&W.

    The contrast photo is good too. Perfect lighting on the flower. There is some over exposure in the hedge that's in the sun, this can be fixed with some burning during editing.

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your repetition shot. I actually had a quite similar one on of our first trips down to the key. I however tried to use it for depth. I didn't even think about using it for rep. It's interesting. I would try and take the picture from a different angle to really demonstrate the repetitiveness of the beams. Good photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the red flower against the darker background it captivated me :)

    ReplyDelete