Monday 10 June 2013

Assignment #5 Exposure Value



 This is my favorite set out of the one other white balance photos i took and the failed dark exposure photos. I noticed this one in particular worked out the best because the white pyramid lamp i placed beside the light window curtains with obviously the natural light from outside, allowed it to show up clear even with a darker exposure value.



                                                                                                                        


As for my second set of photos... I was not as pleased with this compared to the last , I think because the little goose figurine (courtesy of the mini farm in the open area) that I placed behind the plant did not allow direct light so the colour was off. The little goose did a great job as the subject but I on the other hand did not do well at capturing its true potential lol :P Maybe next time Goose! 

2 comments:

  1. Good job noticing that the natural light of the windows helped out in "showing" the details of the lamp, even at a negative EV value.

    Although the subjects in the second image are both light, they appear dark because of the lack of lighting. On other cameras you could increase the EV greater than 2+.

    I'm wondering what the ISO was set at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ISO went from -2 - +2 if thats what you mean but yea! and thanks, i wasnt so happy with the 2nd but i enjoy the 1st

    ReplyDelete