Tuesday 16 July 2013

Assignment #8: Composition - Scale, Depth, Framing, Simplicity





Can you guess which one this is? Framing! I thought this was a cool shot because it reminded me of movies where they have the holy object or sacred object that always seems to have a some sort of light source beaming onto it. Random I know..and I liked the fact that in between the (wooden) trees, theres a wooden bench.

           
All thanks to the great Stephanie for standing in front of the "Tallest Tin Soldier"! obviously this is a picture that shows scale! thought this would be a perfect example of scale!
    
I chose this photo for Simplicity because this was a moment at the beach one evening with a long time friend and this is at the point when we were trying to take a photo and we started laughing at how long it was taking to get a good shot that would work. So I figured this picture would capture the simplicity in the of this time because we werent posing here, just laughing in the moment.

And as my last photo, I chose this photo to capture depth because in the fore ground you see a goat, then you see my beautiful, bright school counseller sitting in the suns view, and in the background is my gorgeous classmate who just so happens to be in the light. I know its not the best for depth but I think that this works in the way it is set up.





2 comments:

  1. Many positives....How you managed to learn (all on your own) to get rid of the person walking in the background of your framing photo. The vibrancy of the colours in your scale photo. And the simplicity of the moment you caught at the beach. With a little editing, the beach photo would be stronger. You may wish to consider an a-symmetrical shot, with the two of you off-centre. And by placing the beach horizon on the lower third. Well done Ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photo for framing, its simple but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete